Git configuration

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Fri Feb 19 18:54:57 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 13:48 +0000, Andrew Benton wrote:
> How do I tell git to remember all the changes to ${CURRENT_FILES} but to not keep a copy of ${REMOVED_FILES}

You don't - it's a version control system. If you don't want the
tarballs versioned, don't store them in git.

Instead, your best bet is to keep only the scripts under git, and the
tarballs somewhere else. It might make things harder to distribute to
other machines, but that's a problem that could be solved by storing the
location of a package's tarball in git, and having your scripts use that
info to pull it from wherever it's stored.

Simon.