Git configuration

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 19 15:26:02 PST 2010

On 19 February 2010 13:48, Andrew Benton <b3nton at gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I tell git to remember all the changes to ${CURRENT_FILES} but to not keep a copy of ${REMOVED_FILES}
>
> Andy
> --
 That I don't know, but keeping the downloaded tarballs
under version control seems a little excessive.  Perhaps
you could change the scripts to just point to the source
files next time you're ready to delete git.  Of course,,
you would then have to do housekeeping to remove
tarballs as they dropped out of use.

Possibly git repack might help a little, but I would
try it (or, indeed any changes) on a copy first -
however, if most objects are already compressed
that probably can't do a lot.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"