BLFS-6.4RC1 or any

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Thu Feb 18 00:19:04 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 08:32 -0600, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> If the community's expectations are that we have the most current
> release of every package in the most recent BLFS book, then the
> expectations are too high and are unreasonable.

It's not a reasonable expectation that the book will *always* have the
most recent release, at any point in time. But it's somewhat troubling
if we can't get the latest release into the book before it ceases to be
the latest release.

I guess that to my mind, it seems reasonable that a new package release
might be incorporated into the book within a few months of release. As
you say, incremental Gnome releases don't tend to be all that different
to build, and I've typically had my home system upgraded within a few
weeks.

Now, since that clearly isn't possible at the moment, can you comment on
why, and how people might help improve the situation?

Simon.