BLFS libxcb-1.4 configure error cmd terminated

stosss stosss at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 03:57:14 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 5:23 AM, Simon Geard <delgarde at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 02:07 -0500, stosss wrote:
>> I looked back through the book and see that libxslt is listed as
>> required in libxcb. I was tired and must have missed it. But I saw it
>> and built it under xmlto.
>>
>> oh well, sorry for the noise.
>
> Fair enough...
>
>> I am going to build LFS/BLFS several more times. Each time I do I
>> learn more. I already built LFS to completion one other time and
>> partially built some of BLFS. This is my sceond time with BLFS and I
>> went farther this time and I have learned more. I am building it as a
>> VM this time instead of using one of my boxes.
>
> As you get comfortable with building things manually, consider
> automating parts, or all of it, as you go. Partly for the time saved on
> updating a system, but as much for what you learn about scripting (shell
> or otherwise) to achieve it.

I have already been building a lot of it with simple bash scripts. I
basically copy all the commands for a package into a pair of script
and run them. One for the regular user and one for root. That is what
I did with LFS chapter 2 - 9.

Right now I am trying to figure out why some of the packages in
chapter 23 in BLFS won't build. If I can't figure it out I will post a
new thread with details.