BLFS-6.4RC1 or any

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Wed Feb 17 02:42:00 PST 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 01:32 -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
> The issue is trying to hit a moving target. I'm not going to try
> to do that. If the book is still changing, there is a reason. I may
> find out what that reason is, before the fix is in.

The book will *always* be changing, and the reason is that the book too
is trying to hit a moving target.

Consider, a new Gnome release tends to come out roughly every six
months. Xorg seems to be roughly one big release a year, and KDE seems
to be one or two a year, I don't know their schedule. Each of those
project put out at least two or three times that number in patches
between each major release, and that's ignoring the hundreds of
individual packages that follow no particular schedule at all.

Short version is, a stable BLFS book is never going to be much more than
a snapshot at a point in time.

Simon