Building LFS/BLFS through ssh session question

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 21:37:22 PST 2010

stosss wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

>> What was the workaround that solved your problem?
>
> Okay, in the xterm it will not work at all (this is on a PCLinuxOS
> kde4.3.4) but switching from F7 to F1-F6 into the terminal and trying
> it from there worked like it is supposed to work. Still waiting to see
> if anyone from PCLOS and kde know why it is not working in kde4 xterm.
>
> If some one does not know the command string ssh -t user at rhost 'vi
> directory/file' works like a charm.

kde generally uses konsole.  Do you really mean xterm?

Does PCLinuxOS have any /dev/tty* devices?

On the remote system, is it vi or vim?

I think you are saying PCLinuxOS is the ssh client, but what is the sshd
server?

Typically, I just 'ssh host' to get a bash prompt and run vi->vim from
there.

   -- Bruce