BLFS-6.4RC1 or any

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 16 09:58:59 PST 2010

On 16 February 2010 17:26, linux fan <linuxscratch at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/16/10, Mike McCarty wrote:
>
>> The issue is trying to hit a moving target.
>
> That is exactly the big problem!
> You will *always* be working on BLFS for more than 1 day.
> While you are in the midst of working on BLFS, it changes many times.
>
> You cannot find a snapshot to run home to that is guaranteed to be consistent
> with the way it was when you started.

Start at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/download.html
and follow the link 'Daily rendered snapshots may be downloaded".

 That drops you into
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/downloads/svn/

OK, I admit it looks just like a load of patches, but within
it there are two tar archives, for blfs-book (-svn-html,
currently 2010-02-16) and blfs-bootcripts (currently
2009-03-02).

Examining the html tarball, it will disgorge itself into
the current directory, so create a directory for it first.
The files within it are actually for 2010-02-15 (it's in
the titles).

simples :)

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG meerkats!"