Can't control my mutt

Scott harview at montana.com
Sat Feb 13 06:58:07 PST 2010

Sorry to hear that your mutt has a bad case of indigestion. (Hey, even
mutt's developers couldn't refrain from the corny jokes, as you know
from reading the man page....)

I can't be of much help to you, as I never subscribe via digest. I did
find this snippet on a mail-server FAQ:

> 6.21 My Mutt users cannot thread their digest messages

>  The digest by default removed non-essential headers like
> ‘In-Reply-To:’ from messages. Modern MUAs, like Mutt can split out
> messages from a digest and then thread them based on such headers. To
> include these and all other headers in the digest messages, use the
> ‘v’ or ‘n’ format as described on the ezmlm-get(1) man page.
> Normally, the threading done by ezmlm is sufficient and the default
> format preferred to reduce message and digest size, often by 25% or
> more.

Check to see if those headers have indeed been removed. If so, I guess
you could complain to the list maintainer. Or perhaps write an awk
script or similar to re-insert the relevant ones. If you were using
procmail, you could feed digests to the script on a list-by-list
basis. Just thinking out loud; sounds like a half-vast project...

Good luck!
Scott Swanson

PS: Tell me about links -g. I used to use zgv, but I can't seem to get
it working on newer systems.