Thunderbird 3.0.1

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 10:49:37 PST 2010

What's this <http://client.mk>? I just use make -f client.mk

> What do you know, "ac_add_options --enable-safe-browsing" was the cause
> of the problems.
> I commented it out and now everything is working ok, BUT only for root.
> When I execute "thunderbird" as a regular user - nothing happens and I
> just get a command prompt.

You shouldn't be using email as root.
After you've run make -f client.mk, run
make -C <thunderbird-build-dir>/mail/installer
That should create a thunderbird tarball in
<thunderbird-build-dir>/mozilla/dist/
just like the ones you can download from Mozilla. Try untaring it in
your home. If you run the thunderbird script in the folder, does it work
for you?

Andy