wget 1.11.4

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 08:14:28 PST 2010

Carl Thorn wrote:
> Ok I registered, got my confirmation email and password so I am
> submitting this a third time. This is the second time since I
> registered.

You are nost sending from your registered address.  I added your 2nd
address for you.

> Would someone please help figure out how to fix Wget now? Lynx works
> great so I know I have a working internet connection and network
> card. I recently completed building LFS 6.6 rc1 and have been trying
> to go Beyond Linux from Scratch using the blfs development book. I
> have encountered a problem with wget 1.11.4 I can't get it to connect
> to the downloads sites getting a temporary host error. I have lynx
> installed and it connects with no problem.

What exactly is the error.  For instance, try,

   wget ftp://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/BLFS/svn/b/bc-1.06.tar.gz

as a quick test.  What error message do you get?

> I connect to the internet using dhcpcd -4.0.11.

If ping and dns working, that is not relevant.

   -- Bruce