Thunderbird 3.0.1

Andrew Benton b3nton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 04:12:31 PST 2010

On 10/02/10 11:41, Or Goshen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I managed to compile Thunderbird 3.0.1 with the attached .mozconfig file
> (basically a slightly modified Firefox .mozconfig file) using the
> following command to compile & install: "make -f client.mk
> <http://client.mk> build && make -f client.mk <http://client.mk> install"
> During the compilation and installation process I encountered no
> problems, but after executing it I have the following problems:
>
> * Doesnt load when I execute "thunderbird" as a regular user (does load
> when I execute it as root).
> * When I setup an IMAP account it manages to get the folders list, but
> then is stalls forever
>     In the status bar I see something like: "indexing 1 of 2 messages
> (0% complete)" and it's just stuck like this
> * I cant open .eml files using File -> "Open svaed message.." - nothing
> happens once I choose a file.
>
> Anybody has any idea what can cause this ?
> For the few of you who managed to compile Thunderbird - is it working ok ?

Thunderbird works fine for me (I'm using it now) but I built it from the
current mercurial sources:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Simple_Thunderbird_build

Looking at your mozconfig, the only options that look a bit iffy to me are:
ac_add_options --with-system-nspr
ac_add_options --with-system-nss
ac_add_options --enable-ldap
ac_add_options --enable-safe-browsing