KNetworkManager installation misconfigured

cliffhanger at gardener.com cliffhanger at gardener.com
Mon Feb 8 12:24:28 PST 2010

Hi

Just installed kde 4.3.5 with all dependencies onto LFS6.5.
Everything installed fine including KNetworkManager(networkmanagment
from svn).

After starting network-manager in kde I get the following message
in a dialog:

KNetworkManager cannot start because the installation is misconfigured.
System DBUS policy does not allow it to provide user settings;
contact your system administrator or distribution.
KNetworkManager will not start automatically in future.

I have Networkmanager-kde4.conf in /etc/dbus-1/system.d and have added
the following:

 <policy group="users">
                <allow
send_destination="org.freedesktop.NetworkManager"/>
                 <allow
send_interface="org.freedesktop.NetworkManager"/>

which was a workaround for problems in KDE4 from google, but to no avail

Anyone else seen this error?

thanks

MAC