Starting BLFS

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 23:13:01 PST 2010

Mike McCarty wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> That's about 45 *feet* wide.  I'll leave it out there in case anyone
>> wants to try to do something useful with it, but it's not likely.
>
> I'd think that it's not very useful for processing by _humans_,
> but after all, we are all programmers of a sort here. I wonder if
> one couldn't put that into a form which a program could process.
> One could then ask what it would take to build a given object,
> and then a tool could spit out a linearized build list, and another
> list of circular dependencies.

That would be a nice project for a student in an individual study course.

xml
docbook
xslt
php
mysql
xhtml

One portion to process the book and put the relations in a DB and
another to query the db and print out the dependencies indented nicely.

Mark the optional and, where used, recommended dependencies too.

Now that I think about it, it wouldn't be all that hard, but I don't
have the time to do it.

   -- Bruce