Starting BLFS

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 20:31:26 PST 2010

Mike McCarty wrote:

> So, I want to make me a desktop with not much additional stuff on
> it, but with web capabilities. I've started reading BLFS in earnest,
> and thought I'd begin by making a list of things I _do_ need.
> However, there is no single dependency tree. I started in making
> one, and although the information is there, it is rather "spread
> out".

 From an old email:

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-dev/2006-January/013295.html

I went ahead and generated the dependency graph for the required
dependencies and another for the full list:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~bdubbs/svg/

I don *not* recommend the full list because it's so large you can't see
any relationships.

   -- Bruce