DBus configuration issues: system.d

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Feb 3 23:43:31 PST 2010

BLFS SVN says to install various GNOME packages with:

	--sysconfdir=/etc/gnome/2.28.2

Th9is results in files being installed in:

	/etc/gnome/2.28.2/dbus-1/system.d/

I presume that it is necessary to configure something somewhere so that
those files will be found and used.  It appears that this is configured in:

	/etc/dbus-1/system.conf

Or, I should add a file:

	/etc/dbus-1/system-local.conf

I note that I haven't found any instruction in BLFS SVN on how to do
this.  I haven't read the whole book, but I haven't seen anything.  If
it is there, please point me to it.

If not, the question is how to do this.  The "system.conf" file has this
line:

	  <includedir>system.d</includedir>

This is somewhat confusing since it does not use the full path.

So, what do I do so that the files in:

	/etc/gnome/2.28.2/dbus-1/system.d/

will be found and uses?

Can I add additional "system.d" directories using a full path?  Is this
necessary?

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch