Missing Gtk-2.0.gir

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Mon Feb 1 23:13:32 PST 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 13:45 -0300, Alonso Graterol wrote:
> My question would be if Gtk-2.0.gir should have been built in the
> first place (I guess so) and why why it was not.

If you mean should it have been built as part of Gtk+ itself, the answer
is no - not yet. I think the next release has gobject-introspection,
support, but not the current (2.18.x) series.

I think the gir-repository package will be going away very soon,
probably the next Gnome release. It's only needed until all the
individual packages produce their own introspection files, and I think
gtk+ is the only major one that doesn't already do so.

Simon.