Missing Gtk-2.0.gir (SOLVED as WFM)

Alonso Graterol alonso.graterol at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 19:21:45 PST 2010

2010/2/1 Alonso Graterol <alonso.graterol at gmail.com>:

> Wayne,
>
> Tanks for your support. I forgot to mention before that
> /opt/gnome-2.28.2/lib is already added to ld.so.conf and also
> gtk2+-2.18.6 was already installed by the time I am trying libunique
> and gir-repository. Anyways, looking into ./configure options for gtk
> I cannot find anything tat may help solve the problem.
>
> My question would be if Gtk-2.0.gir should have been built in the
> first place (I guess so) and why why it was not.
>
> I will dig a bit on g-ir-scanner mechanics and see what I can find.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Alonso

Digging into g-ir-scanner did not show anything special. I decided the
problem was on libtool side (still open). Also, since the exported
value of LD_LIBRARY_PATH was not retained during the whole make
process I dug into the Makefile for the gir portion of gir-repository
and explicity set the variable right just before every call of
g-ir-scanner for the components whose libraries are in /opt/gnome/lib
in my system. This made the package to build.

I did not try it but since /opt/gnome is a symlink to
/opt/gnome-2.28.2 I understand it should make no difference to include
/opt/gnome/lib in ld.so.conf (as it is) instead of
/opt/gnome-2.28.2/lib.

Up to this point following suggested Gnome build order it is the first
time a library in /opt is not recognized/found.

Thanks,

Alonso