invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*'

Fernando Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Wed Nov 25 08:55:21 PST 2009

--- Em qua, 30/9/09, William Immendorf <will.immendorf at gmail.com> escreveu:

> De: William Immendorf <will.immendorf at gmail.com>
> Assunto: Re: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*'
> Para: "BLFS Support List" <blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
> Data: Quarta-feira, 30 de Setembro de 2009, 21:04
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 6:52 PM,
> Fernando Oliveira <famobr at yahoo.com.br>
> wrote:
> > Yesterday, I have installed gnome-games-2.18.2.1.

> What version of LFS and BLFS are you using? Gnome Games is
> not updated
> yet in SVN, I recommend you try a new version.
>
> William
> --

Sorry for taking so long, but I got stuck. First, I appreciate very much your response.

After your post, I have tried the then newest version: gnome-games-2.28.0, then the version used in Ubuntu 9.05, gnome-games-2.26.3. After several  dependencies met, the set of games has been built, and I could not do better, chess and sudoku did not work, so I reverted to the BLFS version gnome-games-2.18.2.1, with just blackjack missing.

Afterwards I decided to star relearning C-language, hoping to change the programs every time a "invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*" error appears, which it does quite frequently. It is taking too long to finish this, and I was postponing to reply after that, so my apologies again.

[]s,
Fernando Oliveira
Natal, RN, BRAZIL