KDE4 kdebase-workspace compile error

Alonso Graterol alonso.graterol at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 18:37:50 PST 2009

>> Alonso
>> --
>  I think you'll find the warning in the gnome log is normal,
> and very unlikely to be related to this.
>
>  I no longer build kde, but I can offer you a couple of
> suggestions:
>
> (i.) if you built xorg in anywhere other than /usr, try
> symlinking from /usr so that the headers can be
> found (that's just a wild guess).
>
> (ii.) google found a similar problem on the gentoo
> lists, but I couldn't see anything helpful there.  So,
> that leaves the following patch which google knows
> about - it seems to be reverting a change :
> http://ftp.magiclinux.org.cn/nihui/kde4/patch/revert898793.diff
>
> I've no idea why magiclinux felt it necessary to
> do this reversion, or if it is even related.
>
> ?en
> --
> After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"

Ken,

I built Xorg in /usr. According to the log of cmake configure command
for this package it can find X11 headers and libraries. For some
reason it can not find Xinput.h.

The magiclinux patch is already included in version 4.3.3.

While writing this I´m trying William´s suggestion on downgrade libXi
since I was already using the latest (1.3). I will be able to tell you
if it works, it´s at 78%...

I really do not expect much since there is already a confirmation of
succesfull compile of kdebase-workspace-4.3.3 using libXi-1.3 (at
least that´s my conclusion from the report).

And (no surprise) it just failed in the same spot. If I could only
figure out the difference between his system and mine...

Thanks,

Alonso