youtube with gnash / and thoughts on gnme-2.28

krendoshazin at dementedfury.org krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Tue Nov 24 06:38:04 PST 2009

Ken Moffat wrote:
>  OK, I had another look at the gnash list archives.  Looks as if
> this came up earlier -
> .http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnash-dev/2009-10/msg00093.html

> add the flashblock extension (this means you have to start
> each flash video, which is probably a good thing if you
> frequent sites like /. that can hve flash in their adverts and
> you compile at hte same time!
>
> then add greasemonkey (I'd had misgivings about doing
> this in the past, but it seems low risk provided you check
> the scripts you add for it
>
> and finally get the script from
> http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/60531

I've tested this and it works, although I've modified the script to use
SWF 9 rather than SWF 8 as I've had absolutely no problems with it.
If you want to do the same just save the script, then replace the
SWF with http://s.ytimg.com/yt/swf/watch-vfl134346.swf. Once you've
done that just open it with Firefox and Greasemonkey will detect that
it's a script and bring up the dialog.