kdebase configure error

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 12:11:01 PST 2009

Hi list, unfortunately I've encountered another issue. I'm building the KDE
and when I try to configure the kdebase I get the follow:

checking X paths... failed
configure: error: /usr/bin/xmkmf (imake) failed.
Make sure you have all necessary X development packages installed.
On some systems a missing /lib/cpp symlink is at fault.

Before this I've installed imake which was missing and I have a symlink
pointing to /lib/cpp from /usr/bin/cpp.
Hadn't found something helpful around...

Have you got any ideas about what could be?
Thanks in advance.

Simone.