KDE4 kdebase-workspace compile error

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 22 08:21:02 PST 2009

2009/11/22 Alonso Graterol <alonso.graterol at gmail.com>:
> Hi again,
>
> Since I've been unable to solve my gnome problem yet (previous post) I
> decided to give KDE4 a try. I was able to succesfully compile
> Oxygen-icons, kdelibs, kdelibs-experimental and kdepimlibs as per
> CBLFS book with only exception I'm using version 4.3.3 instead of
> 4.3.2.
>
> Then at 81% compile of kdebase it went out with following error,
>
> "CMakeFiles/kcm_keyboard_layout.dir/x11helper.o: in function
> 'X11Helper::registerForNewDeviceEvent (_XDisplay*)':
> /sources/KDE/kdebase-workspace-4.3.3/kcontrol/kxkb/x11helper.cpp:413:
> undefined reference to '_XiGetDevicePresenceNotifyEvent'
[snipped]

> I tried version 4.3.2 of same file and outcome was the same.
>
> In retrospective, may this has sometihng to do with the following that
> shows in gnome log (previous post of mine)?
>
> "The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
>> Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbols
>>                   Ignoring extra symbols
> Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server"
>
> Thanks for your support,
>

> Alonso
> --
 I think you'll find the warning in the gnome log is normal,
and very unlikely to be related to this.

 I no longer build kde, but I can offer you a couple of
suggestions:

(i.) if you built xorg in anywhere other than /usr, try
symlinking from /usr so that the headers can be
found (that's just a wild guess).

(ii.) google found a similar problem on the gentoo
lists, but I couldn't see anything helpful there.  So,
that leaves the following patch which google knows
about - it seems to be reverting a change :
http://ftp.magiclinux.org.cn/nihui/kde4/patch/revert898793.diff

I've no idea why magiclinux felt it necessary to
do this reversion, or if it is even related.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"