configuring xterm-231, BLFS - Version svn-20091121

Stephan Jansen sjansen69 at gmx.de
Sun Nov 22 07:06:46 PST 2009

Hello,
configuring xterm until now I succeeded in setting up the right
keyboard-layout by manipulating the "xorg.conf"-file, but there are
still a few problems left
1. [altgr] is working like [return]
how can I change this behaviour ?
I tried it by adding following line in xorg.conf:
Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Keyboard0"
    [...]
    Option "XkbOptions"   "lv3:ralt_switch"
    [...]

I've also added the lines in XTerm as advised by the book chapter 10:
xterm-231 but it makes no difference.
2. login as root-user needs round about 20 seconds to accept the password
why does it need such a long time ?

I'm using BLFS - Version svn-20091121 on top of  LFS-6.5

Every hint were I have look at will be welcome
Thank you for reading
Stephan