Black screen when configure Xorg

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Thu Nov 19 16:01:36 PST 2009

On Thursday 19 November 2009 10:45:22 pm Simone Dalmasso wrote:
> Thanks lux-integ, unfortunately my Xorg stops before creating the
> xorg.conf.new. I need to create this file, but I don't know how.
>
> 2009/11/19 lux-integ <lux-integ at btconnect.com>

make sure you have  framebuffer support in your kernel  (check to see
if /dev/fb0 exists.  You may also have to boot   with a mode  preselected
such as adding  for example   vga=0x317  for  (for 1280x1024 ( @16-bits)VGA.
to your bootloader  (though I am unsure how this would work under vmware!)
this document might help
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Framebuffer-HOWTO-5.html