Black screen when configure Xorg

krendoshazin at dementedfury.org krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Thu Nov 19 04:18:29 PST 2009

Simone wrote:
> I've recompiled the xorg server with the path to fonts
> (/usr/share/fonts/X11 for my case) and reinstalled the two drivers.
> The Xorg still not create the xorg.conf.new and the screen remains black.

Xorg.0.log doesn't appear to be very helpful, although you could try running
Xorg with `-logverbose 20' when you configure it and see if that helps.
Configuration of Xorg has always been hit or miss in my experience, and my
only other suggestion is to write the Xorg configuration yourself by hand. I
also noticed that you seem to have every single video driver installed;
generally I would recommend that you only install the drivers that you
actually
need. You should remove the drivers by running `make uninstall' in each of
the
directories, and then install the ones which are for your hardware.