Black screen when configure Xorg

krendoshazin at dementedfury.org krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Wed Nov 18 11:14:34 PST 2009

Simone wrote:
> Hi, I've installed the X window system under my LFS, but when trying to
> configure (Xorg -configure) the screen becomes black and remains in this
> state, so I need to reboot.
> My LFS is running under VmWare Fusion.

Do you possibly mean `X -config ~/xorg.conf.new'? We've had several users
who were caught out by the black screen of the root window from Xorg 7.5.
If so you should try `X -retro -config ~/xorg.conf.new', but if not, and
Xorg really is freezing during the creation of the configuration, then we
will need more information. Please provide /var/log/Xorg.0.log if
necessary.