"ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready"

thomas at equinox.homelinux.org thomas at equinox.homelinux.org
Tue Nov 17 09:49:26 PST 2009

Many thanks to all the replyers!

I'd like to fix that "being late" of the network card/driver instead of
doing some workarounds if somehow possible.
If there is no "fix" then it would be great if there would be a way to
wait until the link becomes ready before continue starting other network
services which would probably fail.

Do you see such a message on your PC?  Or is it a e1000e-driver specific
thing and therefore only for a few people?

> Btw, the e1000e driver is used for the "02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel
> Corporation 82573L Gigabit Ethernet Controller" in my Thinkpad (T60).
And kernel 2.6.31.5 and .6

--
Thomas