Here's your sign: /root/.bashrc

Jason Ash ashman105 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 15 18:34:34 PST 2009

Hi again,

I followed the instructions for making a simple /etc/profile in chapter 3 and all is well.

Thanks,
Jason

From: ashman105 at hotmail.com
To: blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: /root/.bashrc
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 19:09:44 -0700

Hi,

I just installed Shaddow with PAM and Cracklib support following the instructions in BLFS V 6.3. At the end of this Web page, it says, " ENV_SUPATH is no longer supported. You must create a valid / root/ . bashrc file to provide a modified path for the super-user." I searched everywhere on the lfs Web site and google without finding clear instructions for how to create this file. I notice that I don't have root commands such as shutdown when logged in as root anymore because of this. I'm still a little bit of a newbie, and I don't know how to create this file. Could someone send simple instructions and/or a sample root .bashrc file that would be appropriate for the point that I left off so I can make one, please?

Thanks,
Jason Ash