X.org imake compiling errors

Simon Brüggen metor1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 11:35:28 PDT 2009

2009/3/31 Ken Moffat <ken at linuxfromscratch.org>:
>  7.4 works for me, but it was *painful* getting there - I don't use
> hal, and as noted in various bug reports adding the following to my
> xorg.conf made it usable:
>
> # for xorg-server-1.5.3, otherwise no keyboard or mouse
> Section "ServerFlags"
>        Option  "AllowEmptyInput" "false"
> EndSection
Okay, noticed, but remind me when I'm at this point ;-)

>  In general, everything in BLFS is tested to work by the editor who
> last updated that package.  For some packages, the last update was a
> long time ago, well before gcc-4.3.  Anyway, "tested" only means
> "I couldn't find any obvious problems".
I'm now again at v7.4, proto installation was fine, gccmakedep-1.0.2
also, but imake-1.0.2 sais again that it could not find xproto(the sed
errors disappeared). I edited the PKG_CONFIG_PATH to 7.4.
"pkg-config --cflags xproto" returns this:
"Package xproto was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xproto.pc'
No package 'xproto' found"

Any ideas? I've none.

Simon