X.org imake compiling errors

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 31 10:38:37 PDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 04:01:39PM +0200, Simon Brüggen wrote:
> 2009/3/31 Ken Moffat <ken at linuxfromscratch.org>
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 08:30:20PM +0200, Simon Brüggen wrote:
> >
> >  Two comments: 7.2 works, but it is old (7.4 is in the -dev book).
> Is version 7.4 tested to work? I mean it stands in the
> developement-book. And I first tried it with 7.4 but I got the same
> error-message so I decided to change to a tested 7.2.

 7.4 works for me, but it was *painful* getting there - I don't use
hal, and as noted in various bug reports adding the following to my
xorg.conf made it usable:

# for xorg-server-1.5.3, otherwise no keyboard or mouse
Section "ServerFlags"
        Option  "AllowEmptyInput" "false"
EndSection

 In general, everything in BLFS is tested to work by the editor who
last updated that package.  For some packages, the last update was a
long time ago, well before gcc-4.3.  Anyway, "tested" only means
"I couldn't find any obvious problems".

ĸen