Help with Xlib and Xorg-apps

William Immendorf will.immendorf at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 05:21:34 PDT 2009

Hey,

I need some help with building X.org. I was using the latest versions
of the LFS tools, but they were built with the 6.4 method. It was
built from a Debian Live Lenny Cd in case that matters.

However, in the middle of building, I keep geting these errors:

/usr/X11R7/lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0: undefined reference to '_xcb_lock_io'
/usr/X11R7/lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0: undefined reference to '_xcb_unlock_io'

First it was happening with the programs in MesaLib, now it's
happening with appres (an Xorg app). And yes, I used the same versions
of the X.org programs in the book, except for xcb-util, in which I
used 0.3.3 instead of 0.3.0, which I figured was a minor upgrade to
that.

And if that makes any diffrence, here is the order I built the packages in:

xorg-proto
xorg-util
libXau
libXdmcp
xcb-proto
libxcb
xcb-util
xorg-lib
xbitmaps
lesstif (yes, lesstif, because it was a optional dep for Mesa, and I
built that.)
Mesa (also built the GLUT and Demos part)
xorg-apps

Can you help me with this plobrem?

William