libqalculate-0.9.6 for kdeedu-4.2.1

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 29 14:52:15 PDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 10:35:33PM +0100, lux-integ wrote:
> On Sunday 29 March 2009 04:51:28 pm Ken Moffat wrote:
>
> >  That INT_MAX error ought to be fixable, perhaps by
> > http://cvs.archlinuxppc.org:7647/viewvc/Extra/extra/lib/libqalculate/libqal
> >culate-0.9.6-gcc4.3.patch?view=markup&sortby=log - that just happened to be
> > the first link I found which took me to a list of patches for libqalculate,
> > I don't think it's ppc-specific.
>
> I found the  'useful' url to be:-
> http://repos.archlinux.org/viewvc.cgi/libqalculate/repos/extra-i686/

 That sounds better than the random repo I posted, thanks for that.

> >  If you haven't tried autoreconf, use clean source, apply both the
> > patches, autoreconf, configure, make.  If that is not sufficient,
> > use clean source [critical in this case!], reapply the patches,
> > autoreconf and then 'libtoolize -f' before configure.
>
> I applied   BOTH patches  *fresh sources:-
> A) ####### running  autoreconf #########
>
> checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
> ./configure: line 17615: syntax error near unexpected token `1.1.0,'
> ./configure: line 17615: `AC_PATH_CLN(1.1.0,'
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> ####################################
>

> B)#####running libtoolize  -f#######
> checking for correct ltmain.sh version... no
> configure: error:
>
> *** [Gentoo] sanity check failed! ***
> *** libtool.m4 and ltmain.sh have a version mismatch! ***
> *** (libtool.m4 = 1.5.23b, ltmain.sh = 2.2.6) ***
>
> Please run:
>
>   libtoolize --copy --force
>
> if appropriate, please contact the maintainer of this
> package (or your distribution) for help.
> ##########################
>
> for the latter I seem to have  a mismatch  of libtool.  (I even ran the
> libtoolize --copy  --force  (on fresh sources)  with the same effect.
>
> any suggestion of  routes out of this cul-de-sac will  be appreciated.
>
> sincerely
> lux-integ

 Sorry, I don't have any real understanding of autofoo (and zero
interest in the "far corners" of kde).  I believe Arch is a "source
distro", but I've no real idea how they go about building things,
other than "they use pacman" - google seems to be less than helpful
about *HOW* they build (I can only see references to a database that
they sync with the Arch server), I've no idea which files to look
for that are equivalent to the rpm-based .spec or the gentoo
.ebuild.

 Which is a shame, because these patches apparently work for them.
Anyone ?

ĸen