libqalculate-0.9.6 for kdeedu-4.2.1

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Sun Mar 29 14:35:33 PDT 2009

On Sunday 29 March 2009 04:51:28 pm Ken Moffat wrote:

>  That INT_MAX error ought to be fixable, perhaps by
> http://cvs.archlinuxppc.org:7647/viewvc/Extra/extra/lib/libqalculate/libqal
>culate-0.9.6-gcc4.3.patch?view=markup&sortby=log - that just happened to be
> the first link I found which took me to a list of patches for libqalculate,
> I don't think it's ppc-specific.

I found the  'useful' url to be:-
http://repos.archlinux.org/viewvc.cgi/libqalculate/repos/extra-i686/

>  So, not only does current kde need not-properly-released tools to
> build it, it also needs defunct packages.  Sometimes, I start to
> despair.
>
>  If the cln-config patch you're using is anything like the one in
> the same arch /libqalculate/ directory, you need to invoke the
> autofoo magic after applying it, before you run configure.  The
> normal shotgun approach is to just run 'autoreconf'.  On the one
> package where I currently use that, it wasn't sufficient and I had
> to follow it with "libtoolize -f'.  I'm led to believe that should
> only very rarely be necessary (in that case, I found it in a gentoo
> ebuild).

>  If you haven't tried autoreconf, use clean source, apply both the
> patches, autoreconf, configure, make.  If that is not sufficient,
> use clean source [critical in this case!], reapply the patches,
> autoreconf and then 'libtoolize -f' before configure.

I applied   BOTH patches  *fresh sources:-
A) ####### running  autoreconf #########

checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
./configure: line 17615: syntax error near unexpected token `1.1.0,'
./configure: line 17615: `AC_PATH_CLN(1.1.0,'
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
####################################

B)#####running libtoolize  -f#######
checking for correct ltmain.sh version... no
configure: error:

*** [Gentoo] sanity check failed! ***
*** libtool.m4 and ltmain.sh have a version mismatch! ***
*** (libtool.m4 = 1.5.23b, ltmain.sh = 2.2.6) ***

Please run:

  libtoolize --copy --force

if appropriate, please contact the maintainer of this
package (or your distribution) for help.

for the latter I seem to have  a mismatch  of libtool.  (I even ran the
libtoolize --copy  --force  (on fresh sources)  with the same effect.

any suggestion of  routes out of this cul-de-sac will  be appreciated.

sincerely
lux-integ