Home directory prepended to help file URL

richard.melville at ntlworld.com richard.melville at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 25 08:21:33 PDT 2009

Has anybody come across this before?  I'm sure that I've done something stupid but I just can't locate the problem.

When I click on the help button in packages like Inkscape and Dia -- or any packages that have on-line help -- the URL that pops up has my home directory prepended and therefore does not link to the appropriate website.  I have no problem with packages like GnuCash or Gimp which have desktop help files.

I've searched but I cannot find where the URLs are being picked up -- it's driving me crazy.

Help would be really appreciated.

Richard