End Of Life

Agathoklis D. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 16:45:23 PDT 2009

Hi Ken,

On Fri, Mar 13, at 11:25 Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 12:27:55AM +0200, Agathoklis D. Hatzimanikas wrote:
> > Hi Ken,
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 13, at 10:06 Ken Moffat wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Just a small note, that firefox can use system hunspell for spell checking.
> >
>  Hi Ag,
>
>  I had that as a dependency at one time, but (without having
> hunspell) I formed the view that it was an accepted option, and
> might do something in another mozilla app, but it didn't seem likely
> to be useful for a browser.

It has been useful for some time for me, until I spend some minutes
to install a firefox extension, that gives me the option to edit text
boxes or wiki's and track, directly in vim, and I am taking spell
checking for free.

>  OTOH, maybe I just lost it - I find trying to understand which
> 'configure' options are relevant to a particular mozilla
> 'application' something of a problem.

I agree it's a mess. I am to boring to continue on this madness,
(firefox) it's transformed into a monster slowly.

Guess when the project was started (I just started computing at this
time), it was leading by Ben Goodger (back in "phoenix" days)
and when (firefox) was slim and young, I was one of the first testers
(it wasn't more than a few thousand users back then) and promoter
in one or two forums (windows forums).
Now I am using elinks mostly and a personal vim script that takes the
pages that I am interested and gives me just the plain text.
It's great (no adds, no flash).
But sometimes I use firefox, just for the sake of old good first love. :)

> ĸen

Regards,
Ag.