aRts-1.5.10 compile problem

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 13:51:13 PST 2009

Ken Moffat wrote:

>  I'm puzzled why the patch is apparently not needed by everybody for
> 6.4.  I can see that configure tests if mcop should be compiled, but
> that seems to be merely a "did we include the source" and "did we
> mark it to NOT be built" test.

I think I've figured that out.  My script used:

./configure --prefix=$KDE_PREFIX --disable-debug \
             --disable-dependency-tracking --enable-final

The enable final combines several .cc files into one and compiles all of them.
That way the header files only need to be read once.  I'm guessing here, but one
of the other files may be including linux/limits.h and that defines PATH_MAX.

Try adding --enable-final to the configure and see if it still fails for you.

   -- Bruce