has xdm been removed from X11

Andrew Barnes andyrbarnes at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 4 16:59:33 PST 2009

Hi,

Its been a while since I built X11 from source and I've found that xdm no longer appears in the sources. Have the developers removed it? There may have been better alternatives, but xdm worked and had no external dependancies.

I've been looking for other login manager's that have few dependancies, and come across SLiM. Has anyone tried it? Are there any others?

If I can find one, and can make it work, I'll post the instructions :)

Thanks in advance
Andy