problems compiling pyKDE4//kde-workspace-4.2.0/yippiee!

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 1 04:41:59 PST 2009

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:33:21 +0000, lux-integ <lux-integ at btconnect.com> wrote:

> So  before you make you  small-minded remarks, read the  postings of
> someone
> that engenders respect  (KenMoffat)  a  generous and  knowledgable person
> with a long track record  on  BLFS and who has  found my comments with the
> building of KDE4  helpful  -and I too his.

Ha, maybe you should so some research before calling into question someone's
knowledge/experience? (Bruce happens to be release manager for LFS, and a
long-standing member of the LFS & BLFS editorial teams).

All he was trying to do was provide a hint that maybe you should learn some
'netiquette'.  There's no need to quote entire emails when you reply - just
quote the relevant parts to your response.

For example, see http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-support/2009-February/065277.html
which contains your original email.  Ken replies, and then we all got
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-support/2009-February/065281.html,
which contains the entirety of your original email, plus Ken's response, plus your
response to him, even though your response only pertained to one specific part of
Ken's reply.

As far as sharing his knowledge, the netiquette rules are already available at
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#netiquette and are linked to from
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/mail.html, which is in turn linked to from the
BLFS book.

Regards,