Where to unzip phpMyAdmin in new Apache Versions

Dr. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Fri Jun 26 12:36:51 PDT 2009

Hallo Rick,

On Thursday 25 June 2009 23:24:44 Rick Shelton wrote:

> The document root is one of the changes made with the
> httpd-2.2.8-config-1.patch that is applied during the build process
> for Apache web server. The new document root is given in the patch as
> /srv/www. Using /srv is also a relatively "recent" change in the
> filesystem hierarchy standard.
>
> Be sure to double check /etc/apache/httpd.conf (something like that)
> for the exact location, but documents are served out of something like
> /srv/www/htdocs.

Thank you very much Rick for the explanations. I unziped the admin tool
in /srv/www/htdocs, changed  httpd.conf and entered passwords etc. in
config.inc.php and now phpMyAdmin is administrating mysql smoothly.

Reading _very_ well documentations etc. I could perhaps come to the solution
of the problem, but you saved me a lot of time.

Edgar