gtk+-2.14.4 "make install" fails

Nicolas Richard theonewiththeevillook at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 17 06:48:03 PDT 2009

Nicolas Richard a écrit :
> I'm trying to compile gtk+ 2.14.4, following BLFS instructions (and the
> "more control with package users" hint), but "make install" fails with
> the following errors:
>
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> libtool: install: error: relink `libgtk-x11-2.0.la'

In ordrer to debug this problem, I wanted to install "strace"... and
that required me to make some room on the hard disk. After the
installation of strace, I tried to "make install" gtk once more... and
that worked.
So that was probably the problem : not enough disk space.
And now I'll have to make some more room for firefox ;)

--
Nico.