Configuring console screen resolutions in lfs build 6.4

Jaiyson jaiyson at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 7 18:47:03 PDT 2009

I just wanted to let those who offered advice that I was able to
finally get my resolutions to change at boot time in Grub after doing
some kernel re-compiles.

I'm not sure which setting finally made the difference since I tried
a few changes for each compile but the ones I paid attention to in
the end where all in the Device Drivers -- Graphics Support menu.

The sub-menus where:

CONFIG_DRM
	Direct Rendering Manager (XFree86 4.1.0 and higher DRI support) -->
		CONFIG_DRM_SIS=y  (for my SIS card)

	Lowlevel video output switch controls
		CONFIG_VIDEO_OUTPUT=y

	Support for frame buffer devices -->
		CONFOG_FB=y

		----Frame buffer hardware drivers ----

		SiS/XGI display support-->
			CONFIG_FB_SIS=y  (SIS being the chips on my system)
			SiS 300 series support -->
				CONFOG_FB_SIS=y (My series specific)

	Display device support -->
		Display panel/monitor support