OpenOffice-3.0.1, JAVA, AMDE64

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Fri Apr 24 03:25:55 PDT 2009

Greetings,

I am attempting to compile openoffice-3.0.1  The box runs clfs 64Bit -amd64
kernel-2.6.27.7 gcc-4.3.2.     For java,  only a binary was available.  This
was   jdk-1_5_0_16-linux-amd64.bin    downloaded from Sun.

I attempted to   compile openoffice-3.0.1  and it compiles    with the
switch   --without-java.   However      with the switch --with-java
and --with-jdk=/wherever    I get compile failures as shown below

###################

integration/forms/TestCase.java:39: package complexlib does not exist
public abstract class TestCase extends complexlib.ComplexTestCase implements
com.sun.star.lang.XEventListener

integration/forms/TestSkeleton.java:40: package complexlib does not exist
public class TestSkeleton extends complexlib.ComplexTestCase
                                            ^
integration/forms/MasterDetailForms.java:45: package complexlib does not exist
public class MasterDetailForms extends complexlib.ComplexTestCase implements
com.sun.star.form.XLoadListener
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: integration/forms/TableCellTextBinding.java uses unchecked or unsafe
operations.
100 errors
dmake:  Error code 1, while
making '../unxlngx6.pro/misc/FormIntegrationTest_dummy.java'

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making ~/OOO300_m15/forms/qa
rmdir /tmp/7157
dmake:  Error code 1, while making 'build_instsetoo_native'
####################

I want to have java  resources compiled in.    JAVA is needed for example to
compile mozilla-1.7.5 and as the  ./configuire --help explains it is needed
for xml filters.

I also checked the   configuire --help  and found no explanation
of --with-Xlint.

Questions:

1)  will compiling --with-Xlint help or will this just   provide more details
why   the compilation failed?
2) Ais there some error in the way  jdk-1_5_0_16-linux-amd64.bin was installed
that is giving these errors?
3) Are there any other java resources for AMD64 available from Sun that
overcomes the problems of the JAVA binary I am using?

sugggestions welcomed
sincerely
lux-integ