BIND-9 test related problem in BLFS 6.3 stable

richard.melville at ntlworld.com richard.melville at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 21 09:08:17 PDT 2009

When building the test framework for BIND-9 I encountered a number of failures in the perl module IO-socket-INET6-2.51 test.  I checked on the CPAN website and this version was reported as having a high failure rate.

Version 2.56 was claimed to be much better so I tried it out.  Sure enough it passed the tests with a 100% pass rate.

Has anybody else encountered this?  Should the book be changed to reflect this?

Richard