gnash [ was Re: KDE4 ? ]

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Tue Apr 21 02:56:44 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 21 April 2009 01:04:06 am Ken Moffat wrote:

> > #######
> >         MING flags are -I/usr/local/include
> >         MING libs are -L/usr/local/lib -lz -lm -lgif -lpng -lming
> >         MING version code is 00040200
> >         MAKESWF is /usr/local/bin/makeswf
> >         MTASC is /usr/local
> >         MTASC CLASSPATH is /usr/share/ocaml/mtasc/std
> >         HAXE is /usr/local
> >         HAXE CLASSPATH is /usr/share/haxe/
> >         SWFMILL is /usr/local/bin/swfmill
> >         SWFC is /usr/local/bin/swfc
>
>  I suspect none of the above are necessary, but it's a while since I
> read the descriptions of them (and since I only have a 50% success
> rate with you-tube videos, perhaps some of them are useful).

I read these were  the gnash 'dependencies'  from bumf in the gnash tarball.

> >         XPCOM flags are:
> > -I/opt/firefox-3.0.5/include/firefox-3.0.5/unstable XPCOM libs
> > are: -L/opt/firefox-3.0.5/lib/firefox-devel-3.0.5/sdk/lib -lxpcomglue_s
> > -lnspr4 -lplds4
>
>  Unrelated to the gnash problem, but you need to keep abreast of
> firefox updates.  And yes, I know I've kept quiet about 3.0.8 for
> the -dev book, but at least the book does now point to where to
> look for vulnerabilities, and also mentions about using the ff
> tarball to build xulrunner.

yes I have looked at firefox 3.07 and  3.08 and very much want to upgrade  but
I have gtk2.14.3  and this need upgrading too (from what I read on blfs).
Rather that surgery on the present build,  I was planning to use it   to
iron-ourt some wrinkles   before a  major update including  clfs-current-dev
using  kernel 2.6.29,  gcc-4.3.3  , glibc-2.9  etc  later one.  (Mind you
this too will have is own set of wrinkles)

>  I _think_ the error was just *before* "referenced in section".  All
> I can see from what you posted is that something in Machine.o within
> .libs/libgnashvm.a is defined in a "discarded section".
>
>  Have you looked at what is in fedora (fc-11) ?  Or gentoo ?

no not yet but thanks for the tip and wil do .