KDE4 ?

Trent Shea trent.shea at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 11:05:57 PDT 2009

On Monday 20 April 2009 11:16:07 Nicolas FRANCOIS wrote:
> Hi.
Hello,

> I didn't see anything on the LFS site, nor on the CBLFS site, so I'm
> asking the list : is there a sufficiently precise set of instructions for
> compiling this big project ? Is it stable enough for a personnal computer
> (not a production machine... well, sort of... production for my work :-)

I've built 4.2.1, 4.2.2 and from kde-svn. The system has been pretty stable, I
do get some random lockups, but  I spend all of my time in kde, so I'm not
sure if it's a system related lockup or a kde one.

When I first got started I looked at
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/ticket/2453 and http://techbase.kde.org
to sort out the build order, but for the most part cmake will tell you what's
required and what's suggested/recommended as you go along. Techbase has a lot
of information, and I'm still just scratching the surface.

Also, Ken has kindly posted some great notes, which I've referenced more than
once!
http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-dev/2008-October/018963.html

Trent.