libgsttcp_la-gsttcpserversrc.o not recognized

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 6 10:27:47 PDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 08:33:51PM -0400, Alonso Graterol wrote:

> First, thanks for taken the time to reply my posts. I really appreciate it.
> Sorry I did not understand you before.
>
> I perused through the compile log I made and definetively that is the
> only time libgsttcp_la-gsttcpserversrc appears in the log before the
> error that halt compilation.
>
> I can notice in the logs that first is called the c file and later the
> object file is called as you mention but there is no call of
> libgsttcp_la-gsttcpserversrc.c, only for
> libgsttcp_la-gsttcpserversrc.o just before the error. So now I guess
> there should be a call for the c file which is not happening... bug in
> the code? mmm... it seems like that is not true for 32 bit since you
> were able to build it.
>
> What would cause that change in pattern so the c file is not used to
> compile the object file?
>
> The logs do not show any other error but the one I am posting.
>
> Alonso

 I don't know - I really didn't understand the first line that I
posted from my log, for me libtool is impenetrable.

 I *can* say that on 'x86_64-64'  or 'amd64' or 'whatever you like
to call it' things in the libtool area are _not_ straightforward :
at the weekend I was trying to upgrade one package, and build a new
one, using my latest build infrastructure which deletes most .la
files because "these aren't needed" - in the end I had to give up
because too many .la files were required.

 I can only suggest two things - try the previous version in case
this is a regression (but, the old version might not compile against
the current gstreamer), or perhaps ask on the gstreamer-devel list
(there doesn't seem to be a gstreamer-user list).

ĸen