Boost.Python update

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Sun Apr 5 17:33:25 PDT 2009

On Saturday 04 April 2009 07:58:30 pm Trent Shea wrote:
> On Saturday 04 April 2009 03:31:39 lux-integ wrote:
> > Greetings
>
> Hi,
>
> > I decided to install   the former.  This  now has  cmake as well as gnu
> > configure.
> > ###### installing by conventional gnu configure.  make and make install
> > appears to work but   kdeedu-4.2.1  complains Boost.Python is still
> > missing, (see below):-
>
> I also have boost-1_38 installed using gnu:
> configure --prefix=/usr
> make
> make install
>
> > It is unclear if  Boost.Python is built using configure (with--python),
> > make, make install  or with the experimental cmake (which cannot be
> > installed!).
>
> It's likely to be installed either way as long as the python requirements
> are met. (try to confirm that you have some libboost_python-gcc* files)
>
> > Input from those fiddling with Boost.Python  would be gratefully
> > received.
>
> Thought I'd try my hands at this - I briefly looked at the relevant file in
> 4.22 and you'll probably run into the same problem.
>
> First, I had to create a link:
> /usr/include/boost -> boost-1_38/boost
>
> Second, I had to edit the file:
> kdeedu-4.2.1/cmake/modules/FindBoostPython.cmake (diff attached)
>

> Anyhow, that diff worked on _my_ system, yours may need a little tweaking,
> but that should give you a good start. Basically, it looks like there is an
> assumption about the location of the header file and the version of boost
> being used - a maintainer could probably spend a lifetime chasing these
> things... never mind testing!
>
> Good luck,
> Trent.

Thanks very much Trent.  I applied your diff and   cmake  now picks up
Boost.Python.    libIndi-0.6 unlike in libindi-0.5 now uses cmake.  I
unstalled the latter,  installed  for the former and   cmake now  indentifies
all the dependencies.

Thanks for all your help.

ps I will report any glitches in   the compilation.