Boost.Python update

Trent Shea trent.shea at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 11:58:30 PDT 2009

On Saturday 04 April 2009 03:31:39 lux-integ wrote:
> Greetings
Hi,

> I decided to install   the former.  This  now has  cmake as well as gnu
> configure.
> ###### installing by conventional gnu configure.  make and make install
> appears to work but   kdeedu-4.2.1  complains Boost.Python is still
> missing, (see below):-
I also have boost-1_38 installed using gnu:
configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install

> It is unclear if  Boost.Python is built using configure (with--python),
> make, make install  or with the experimental cmake (which cannot be
> installed!).
It's likely to be installed either way as long as the python requirements are
met. (try to confirm that you have some libboost_python-gcc* files)

> Input from those fiddling with Boost.Python  would be gratefully received.
Thought I'd try my hands at this - I briefly looked at the relevant file in
4.22 and you'll probably run into the same problem.

First, I had to create a link:
/usr/include/boost -> boost-1_38/boost

Second, I had to edit the file:
kdeedu-4.2.1/cmake/modules/FindBoostPython.cmake (diff attached)

Anyhow, that diff worked on _my_ system, yours may need a little tweaking, but
that should give you a good start. Basically, it looks like there is an
assumption about the location of the header file and the version of boost
being used - a maintainer could probably spend a lifetime chasing these
things... never mind testing!

Good luck,
Trent.