HAL <-> Xorg troubles

michael lang kingoipo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 10:49:07 PDT 2009

Hey,

I've run into a problem with HAL and Xorg. I've built Xorg with HAL support,
and it expects that HAL has a mouse listed with `hal-device`. But it
doesn't, which means that with the default configuration(AllowEmptyInput on)
I don't have any mouse and keyboard. If I override that option to off, my
mouse works fine, but my keyboard does not entirely, I can type normally,
but my arrow keys are linked to enter and home/end/page down/page up don't
work at all.

I tried this blog article to get it running, but sadly, no game:
http://who-t.blogspot.com/2008/07/input-configuration-in-nutshell.html

Also, a thing worth mentioning, I'm using Xorg Xserver 1.6.99 and HAL
0.5.11(with ConsoleKit and PolicyKit)

 Michael de Lang