Help with Xlib and Xorg-apps

William Immendorf will.immendorf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 13:19:12 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 6:17 AM, Matthew Burgess
<matthew at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> William, you obviously haven't learned have you?  The above was incredibly rude and
> completely inappropriate for the LFS community mailing lists.  You do not have the
> right to demand help from anyone (nor does anyone else on these lists).  Help is
> provided on a voluntary basis, based on the time and knowledge of the list readers,
> and therefore no assumption should ever be made that you will have your problem solved
> (or even answered!).  Obviously, we do have a lot of knowledgable folks who are willing
> to spend their time answering queries, and for that we are fortunate and should be
> grateful.
Whoops. My mistake. Hopefully I won't do that again.

As for X.org, I tried both xcb-proto 1.2 and libxcb 1.1.91 (the
versions in CBLFS) and it worked flawlessly! (didn't show the errors I
mentioned.) Thanks lux! Now, to work on the rest of X.org...

William

Tip: If you are using newer versions of the LFS tools, use both
xcb-proto 1.2 and libxcb 1.1.91, and you'll never be ashamed!